One of the things we wanted to do with this site is to give out tailgating tips and tricks, along with great tailgate recipes. What makes great tailgate food to us? Usually something that’s delicious, yet very easy to make. Today we want to share a recipe we call “Damn Sammiches”. They got their name simply because someone at our tailgate yelled out “Damn them Sammiches are good!” If you bring these to your tailgate, they are sure to be a hit and last about 10 minutes…We’re telling you, they are that good. Here we go.
What you will need:
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons poppy seed
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 24 mini sandwich rolls (Hawaiian)
- 1 pound Black Forrest Ham
- 1 pound sliced Swiss cheese
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F & Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish
2) In a bowl, mix together Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, poppy seeds, and dried onion. Separate the tops from bottoms of the rolls, and place the bottom pieces into the prepared baking dish. Layer about half the ham onto the rolls. Arrange the Swiss cheese over the ham, and top with remaining ham slices in a layer. Place the tops of the rolls onto the sandwiches. Pour the mustard mixture evenly over the rolls.
3) Bake in the preheated oven until the rolls are lightly browned and the cheese has melted, about 20 minutes. Slice into individual rolls through the ham and cheese layers to serve.
See, we told you they were easy to make! Bring the pure deliciousness of these sandwiches to your next tailgate and your guest will surely be shouting “Damn these Sammiches are good!”